ITC Conference Grants are aimed at supporting Young Researchers and Innovators from participating Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITCs) and Near-Neighbour Countries (NNC) to attend international scientific conferences not specifically organized by the COST Action.
All applications will be assessed the ITC-CG Coordinator. Grant applications need to meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a Young Researcher and Innovator (i.e. anyone under the age of 40) with a primary affiliation in an institution located in a participating ITC or NNC.
- The applicant must make an oral/poster presentation at the conference.
- The applicant must be listed in the official event/conference programme.
- The application must be sent at least 45 days before the start date of the conference.
- The main subject of the presentation oral / poster presentation at the approved conference must be on the topic of the Action and must acknowledge COST.
For more details regarding the regulations related to ITC conference grants, please refer to Section 9 of the COST Vademecum.
Financial support is limited to cover travel, accommodation and meal expenses and is paid in the form of a grant.
How to apply for an ITC conference grant
1. All applicants must carefully read the funding rules detailed in the COST Vademecum.
2. All applicants must register for an e-COST profile at https://e-services.cost.eu/ - adding their bank account details to their profile.
4. All applicants must send their ITC conference grant application form and the relevant supporting documents to the ITC-CG Coordinator (Tina Lesnik: ) copying the Action Chair (Brecht Devleesschauwer: ), for evaluation.
The list of supporting documents to be submitted for the evaluation are:
- The ITC conference grant application form
- Recent CV of the applicant, clearly proving eligibility for an ITC conference grant
- Copy of abstract submitted to conference in question as a basis of assessment of significance to the Action's objectives
- Documentation of acceptance of paper for oral/poster presentation at the conference in question
- Documentation on the conference in question itself, clearly showing the conference dates, programme, conference fees and what they include
5. The application will be assessed by the ITC-CG Coordinator against the eligibility criteria.
6. The applicant will be formally notified of the outcome of their ITC conference grant application by the ITC-CG Coordinator no more than 4 weeks after the application was received.
7. Upon approval, applicants must complete and submit their ITC conference grant application online at https://e-services.cost.eu/conferencegrant