Virtual Mobility (VM) Grants are grants awarded to individual WG members for supporting activities aiming at capacity building and transfer of knowledge through bilateral/multilateral collaborations in a virtual setting.
Scope of the VM Grants
The activities expected to be performed by the successful applicant, but not limited to, are:
- Virtual mentoring schemes, with special focus on activities and exchanges that can generate capacity building and new skills, particularly for Young Researchers and Investigators (e.g. managerial skills, methodological skills, communication skills, etc).
- To support the implementation of research related activities that do not necessarily require in-person presence, e.g.
- computational or modelling activities.
- data analysis of the Action for a specific report or activity.
- write-up of joint research articles.
- To support the harmonisation and standardisation of methods and procedures within the Action networking activities, e.g.
- setting up a survey amongst all Action members to collect different results and outcomes from experiments done in their respective labs and research groups.
- coordinating the discussions to create common protocols to be used by the network afterwards.
- preparing questionnaires and response scales to be used by the Action members as part of virtual networking activities.
- Content preparation and coordination of science communication activities, e.g.
- Massive Online Open Courses (MOOC).
- Online workshops like 'webinar series' or 'tv series'-like format.
- Online COST Action workshops in external international conferences or events, when the applicant can demonstrate a role in the organising committee, that could help in the promotion of the Action activities.
VM Grants should contribute to the scientific objectives of our COST Action, and respect COST policies with particular attention on inclusiveness and excellence. The main aim and objective of the Action is to integrate and strengthen capacity in burden of disease assessment across Europe and beyond. Please refer to the Action aims and objectives for further details.
All WG members from COST Full and Cooperating Countries and Near Neighbour Countries are eligible to apply for the grants. Eligible individuals must fulfil the requirements stated in the Vademecum subject to the approval of the Management Committee and availability of funds.
COST foresees up to 1,500 EUR per VM Grant. Since the financial support comes as a grant, no invoices or other justification of the expenses will be requested.
The VM Grants cannot be used to attend virtual conferences or to purchase software license or set up a database.
The Grant Holder shall pay the approved grant to the grantee after the MC has approved the grantee’s report and no later than 15 days from the end of Grant Period.
Final report of VM Grant
After the VM Grant activity is finished, the grantee is required to submit a short scientific report to the Action Chair or VNS Manager, no later than 30 days after the end date of the VM Grant activity.
A template for the VM Grant report is available via www.cost.eu/virtual_mobility_grant_report.
Failure to submit the scientific report within 30 days will effectively cancel the grant. The Action Chair or VNS Manager is responsible for approving the scientific report and informing the Grant Holder that the VM Grant has been successfully accomplished. After receipt of the approval by email, the Grant Holder will execute the payment of the grant.
Please note that the reimbursement of VM grantees will be done after the activity is over and the final report is submitted by the VM grantee. Exceptions to this rule cannot be granted.
The final report will be uploaded to the burden-eu webpage.
How to apply for a VM Grant
2. All applicants must register for an e-COST profile at https://e-services.cost.eu/ - adding their bank account details to their profile.
4. Successful applicants need to complete and submit a VM Grant report, within 30 days from the end date of the activity. A template is available via www.cost.eu/virtual_mobility_grant_report.
5. The Action Chair or VNS manager approves/rejects the report. Upon approval, the VM Grant will be transferred to the applicant.
|27/10/2021||Grant Wyper||Scientific communication activities of the European Burden of Disease Network||Download report|
|10/10/2021||João Vasco Santos||Comparison of methods for YLL calculation||Download report|
|07/10/2021||Periklis Charalampous||Infectious disease burden activities across Europe: a systematic literature review of data sources and methodological choices||Download report|
|04/10/2021||Elena Pallari||The implementation of a framework on BoD evidence use in practice||Download report|
|01/10/2021||Sara Pires||Burden of COVID-19 working group||Download report|