The European Burden of Disease Network launched the Task Force (TF) on Air Pollution and Noise as a sub-group of WG3 Risk Factors. The TF aims to bring together members who are assessing, or interested in assessing the burden of disease associated with air pollution and/or environmental noise.
Its aims are to:
- Share experiences from calculation of (national) burden of disease estimates resulting from air pollution and environmental noise
- Support each other in calculations, model assumptions, and data gaps
- Harmonize methodologies and align strategies for communicating results
- Discuss and collaborate on concrete research projects
- Provide methodological input to the European Environmental Agency (EEA) for their calculations on air pollution (annual) and environmental noise (every five years)
The TF meets approximately every two months. We welcome network members as well as those with expertise in air pollution and/or noise to join the European Burden of Disease TF on Air Pollution and Noise.